VTNZ Upper Hutt
Why get your Pre-Purchase Assessment from VTNZ?
- We’re the independent experts – our inspectors are all trained technicians
- It’s easy and convenient – we have 59 branches nationwide that can assess your car
- Our comprehensive service ensures you have the facts to make the right decision.
Before you buy, check the vehicle has these things:
- A Warrant of Fitness (WoF) that’s less than a month old
- No dents, rust, or bumps that could cause problems
- A half-hour test-drive with no problems
- An expert assessment by a VTNZ Automotive Technician
- No payments owed on the car
- Insurance premiums you can afford
VTNZ Pre-Purchase Assessment
- Engine noise, fumes, smoke, and other engine wear
- The battery, alternator, and starter motor are operating correctly
- The exterior of the radiator, water pump, and hoses for any deterioration or leaks
- A driving test to check the car’s handling, steering, and brakes as well as any odd noises
- The exterior for any corrosion
- Tyre tread depth and wheels for any damage
- Steering and suspension for any damage, leaks, or wear
- Brake performance using a Roller Brake Machine, looking for any signs of wear and tear or faults
- Lights to ensure they are all working
- Exterior dents and paint damage
- Interior damage, wear and tear, or stains
- Carjack, wheel brace, and tool kit
Vehicles we can assess for pre-purchase
Cars, utes, and SUVs
We check most light vehicles, including cars, utes, and SUVs. As a general rule, we can do a Pre-Purchase Assessment on a vehicle under 3500kg gross vehicle mass.
Please note: For most diesel and some petrol vehicles a physical engine test can’t be carried out, however, the Automotive Technician’s expert opinion on the status of the engine will be provided in the report.
We can assess small campervans (less than 3500kg gross vehicle mass). We will do a thorough check of the vehicle, but we don’t assess the condition of the accommodation or other camper-specific items.
For Electric and hybrid vehicles, we are currently unable to test the high voltage battery or motor operation and condition. Specialist testing should be carried out if you have any concerns.
If you’re unsure whether can we complete a Pre-Purchase Assessment on your vehicle, please call your nearest branch.
- Closed on public holidays.
- Pre-Purchase Inspections
- Vehicle Licensing (Rego)