Get that new car checked over with a Pre Purchase Inspection before you buy!
Buying a second hand car can be a nervy process. Make sure you pick the right car and don’t get a “lemon” with a Pre purchase inspection. The mechanic will give it a “medical” and let you know the good and bad so you can buy with confidence.
Why should I get a Pre-Purchase Inspection?
A car is often one of the largest expenses someone faces in their life. And second-hand cars often come with their own history… sometimes involving poor maintenance, crashes, neglect and dodgy repairs. A pre-purchase inspection, completed by a qualified mechanic, can identify many of these issues and gives you the best opportunity to make an educated decision prior to parting with your hard earned cash.
What is included in a Pre-Purchase Inspection?
Your qualified mechanic will:
- Road test the vehicle;
- Checking the engine for any noise, fumes, smoke and other engine wear;
- Checking the battery, alternator and starter motor are operating correctly;
- Checking the exterior of the radiator, water pump and hoses for any deterioration or leaks;
- A drive test to check the car’s handling, steering and brakes as well as any odd noises;
- Checking the exterior for any corrosion;
- Checking tyre tread depth and wheels for any damage;
- Checking the steering and suspension for any damage, leaks or wear;
- Check the brakes for life and any signs of damage;
- Check for any upcoming or expired diagnostic codes;
- Provide a comprehensive report which indicates:
- Any recommended or likely repairs;
- Any potential WoF issues;
- Report on any diagnostic codes.
How much does a Pre-Purchase Inspection cost?
A Pre-Purchase inspection can range between $120 and $210.
What do I get after the Pre- Purchase Inspection is completed?
Following a completed inspection the garage will provide you the an overview of their findings. This will include detailed notes on any structural or mechanical issues they have found. Remember, you don’t yet own the vehicle, and having this information can help you secure the best price!
Terms and conditions.
Please be sure to read the My Auto Shop’s terms and conditions before booking a Pre-Purchase Inspection here.
My Auto Shop, or our Partner Garages, provide no guarantee that a pre-purchase inspection will identify every fault or defect with the vehicle, and will not be held liable for any subsequent issues with the vehicle that may arise post purchase.